Add Some Spice To Your Burgers
Here are some tips in making your burgers extra special…
- Mix fresh chopped herbs such as dill, parsley, basil or cilantro with the hamburger meat when making patties.
- Season hamburger meat with soy sauce, barbecue sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
- For a Mexican twist, mix mild chopped green chilies in your hamburger meat. Then top your chili burger with sliced tomato, lettuce and guacamole.
- Try making burgers out of ground chicken, turkey or lamb.
- Season your burger with Cajun spices prior to cooking instead of salt and pepper.
- Mix yogurt, sour cream or eggs into your hamburger meat when making patties.
- Form the burger around a piece of Brie, Camembert or goat cheese.
Toppings and Sides
- Instead of lettuce, top your burger with alfalfa or broccoli sprouts.
- Mix equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise for a different burger condiment.
- Top burgers with either sautéed red or Vidalia onions.
- Instead of cheddar cheese, try sliced Muenster, provolone, dill Havarti, Gouda, Gorgonzola or mozzarella cheese on your burger.
- Top your burger with sliced cheddar and a spoonful of salsa.
- Melt slices of smoked mozzarella on your burger and top with fresh basil leaves and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Try a honey style mustard on your burger.
- Try your burger with slices of grilled eggplant and fresh tomato.