Herword.com combined forces in bringing its members the highly anticipated
cooking demo entitled, “Family Gourmet” last August 17, 2002 held at
the San Miguel Purefoods Culinary Center.
The cooking demo was participated by San Remo Pasta,
Mama Sita, San Miguel Food Corp., Lee Kum Kee and Celebrity Recipes Magazine.
Prizes were given away to lucky contest winners and participants. With the
successful cooking demo everyone went home a winner.
The following are some of the recipes prepared in the cooking demo. Enjoy and
see you in the next Lutongbahay.com cooking demo.
San Remo Vegeroni Shapes with Bacon & Eggplant
1 pack (375g.) San Remo Vegeroni Pasta Shapes, cooked al dente
1 can (400 g.) San Remo Diced Tomatoes
½ cup cooking oil
4 pcs. eggplant, cut into 4/3 inch cubes
¼ cup olive oil
200 g. bacon
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsps. garlic chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- Soak eggplant in water, drain and deep fry in cooking oil until light brown. Set
aside to drain excess oil.
- Sauté bacon in oil then add garlic and onions. Add San Remo diced tomatoes,
sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaf and cheese.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer.
- Add fried eggplant and simmer for another five minutes. Season with salt and
pepper. Pour sauce over pasta. Top with grated cheese, if desired.
Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Chicken
350g/12oz chicken meat (cut into pieces)
6 shallots (skinned and crushed)
2 spring onions (sectioned)
2 slices ginger
1 pack Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Black Bean Chicken (50g/1.8oz)
1 tbsps dried basil
1 tbsps. oregano
1 pc. bay leaf
1 cup quick melt cheese, grated
1 pc. green pepper, sliced
¼ cup sugar
(Makes 4 servings)
- Sauté chicken in oil until golden yellow. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté shallots, ginger and Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Black Bean Chicken for 2-3
tbsps. Oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is done. Stir in spring onion
Mama Sita’s Creamy Adobo Dip
For a nutritious snack for children, wash drain, and chill fresh fruits and vegetables like sliced apples,
carrots, cucumber, celery sticks or previously blanched mung bean sprouts.
1 ½ tbsp. Mama Sita’s Adobo (Savory Sauce) Mix
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup sour cream (8 oz.)
- Whip until well-blended. Keep refrigerated until just before
- Arrange chilled vegetables attractively on a serving bowl with the dip at the
To make homemade sour cream:
1 cup evaporated milk or all-purpose cream
1 tbsp. calamansi juice
- Mix 1 evaporated milk with calamansi juice.
- Allow the mixture to stand until it curdles and thickens.
For light sour cream, mix ingredients for 2-3 seconds in a blender.
Mama Sita’s Vietnamese Noodle Salad
1 ½ cups (1/4 kg.) pork shoulder, sliced (1/3 inch thick)
1 bundle(110g) native lettuce, chopped
2 tbsps. Mama Sita’s Barbeque Marinade
1 tsp. patis (fish sauce)
1 pc. cucumber (med size), julienned
¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1 cup carrots, julienned
26 leaves basil, chopped
½ pack (100g) bihon (rice noodles)
1 tbsp. Mama Sita’s Premium Vinegar
1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1 ¼ tbsp. sugar
5 tbsps. water
- In a bowl combine Mama Sita’s Barbecue Marinade and pork. Marinate for 15
minutes. Grill and slice into 2”x1/2” inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan bring 4 liters water to a rolling boil. Blanch the
bihon, rinse and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sweet chili sauce, Mama Sita’s
Premium Vinegar, sugar, patis and water, mix well.
- In a large bowl combine noodles and vegetables and the dressing.
Top with grilled pork slices and roasted peanuts.
Note: Leftover barbecue maybe used instead of the pork.