Tuna Artichoke Panin2017-11-10
1 can tuna, drained
1 can 400g Capri artichoke hearts, drained & chopped coarsely
1 can 200g Capri red pimientos, drained & sliced
1/3 cup Carbonell pitted black olives, sliced thinly
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
salt and pepper
½ head roasted garlic
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 slices light rye bread (or whatever bread you prefer)
1 salad tomato, sliced thinly
12 slices Swiss cheese
Carbonell extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine the tuna with the drained, chopped Capri artichokes, Capri red peppers, Carbonell black olives, oregano, parsley. Add Carbonell extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the roasted garlic with the mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon juice and a little bit of salt and pepper.
3. Spread the garlic mayonnaise on all four slices of bread, top two slices with Swiss cheese, then the tuna-artichoke mixture, then tomato slices and then more Swiss cheese. Top with another slice of bread.
4. Preheat a panini grill, barbeque or cast iron skillet. Brush tops of both sandwiches with olive oil and flipping that side down, place on the grill. Brush what are now the tops of both sandwiches with more olive oil and close grill or wait to flip once bottom is browned. Sandwiches are done when bread is browned and cheese is melted.
5. Slice on an angle and seve.